Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Photo Editor For The Week!

So, while Katie is off in Germany I am filling in for her as Photo Editor. I have feelings about this: YAY! and EEEEEK!
It's going really well so far though. We're working on the Music Issue, out October 7th and we're really on top of things. It's great that it's all coming together so easily. I was really nervous that there would be some huge meltdown while I was standing in, but so far so good (picture me here knocking on my desk).
Today was especially fun because I got to (I guess supervise is the right word?) supervise a photoshoot that we were doing for the Imperatives Opener. The shoot was at a Guitar Repair shop near Berklee College of Music. I was swarmed by students with guitars on their backs while walking there and the building seem a little questionable at first because there was no sign. But I managed to find the right place. The repair guy was quite the character too. He was definitely one of those guys that has a good sense of humor once he warms up to you.
The photographer for the shoot was Michael Khachadoorian. He was really fun to work with and I think we came away with some really cool shots. Check them out in the October 7th issue of The Improper.
The rest of the week seems like it will be pretty calm. I'm doing a dining shoot on Thursday at Bon Savor in JP. And I'll be scheduling the style shoot for next week.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment